MAX Insurance’s team came together for a Day of Service on October 7. We closed our offices for the day and enjoyed giving our time to Drumm Farm Center for Children, a local organization in MAX’s home office area of Kansas City. Drumm Farm’s vision is helping children in foster care, homeless young adults and those aging out of foster care build successful lives by providing programs and services that support forever family environments, emotional and physical well-being, education opportunities and personal growth. The MAX team spread out and did a variety of projects benefitting the farm:
- Weeded garden beds – asparagus, strawberries, peppers and eggplants
- Prepped and planted garlic beds
- Painted fences and trash bins
- Cleared brush along fence lines
- Power-washed entrance fencing
- Chopped, split and bundled wood
- Worked the beverage tents at their golf tournament fundraiser
In addition to giving our time, our Mutual Aid Ministries program gave a donation to Drumm Farm. Thanks to our members and agents for their patience while we closed the office for the day. As you can see from the photos, we had a great time on our Day of Service!
Lastly, we want to give a shout-out to GoEx Apparel in Kansas City where we ordered our t-shirts. GoEx is a part of the Global Orphan Project which manages CarePortal, a platform our Mutual Aid Ministries program has enjoyed participating in this year.