April is the time for rain showers so here are some helpful hints to keep you safe while driving in the rain:
- Keep both hands on the steering wheel.
- Turn on your headlights.
- Let off the gas if you start to hydroplane.
- Avoid using your brakes if possible.
- Drive slowly through any puddles.
- Reduce your speed. It takes longer to stop on wet roads.
- Avoid cruise control.
- Never drive through moving water.
- Drive in the tracks of the car ahead of you.
- Make sure there is plenty of distance between you and the car in front of you.
Photo by cbowns
Rain Driving Tips