by Cher’ Brown, Administrative Coordinator
The first week of December has come and gone. Perhaps you have a real tree for the Christmas season. Fire Prevention is crucial when having a real or artificial Christmas tree. Check out these safety tips for Christmas trees:
- When choosing a real tree make sure it is freshly cut with flexible needles that don’t break.
- Artificial trees should be labeled as fire-retardant.
- Place your tree away from heat sources like fireplaces, candles, heat vents, and radiators.
- Keep the base filled with water to avoid the real tree from drying out.
- Turn the lights on the tree off when you go to bed or leaving home.
- Don’t use any damaged or frayed cords.
- Use lights rated for indoor use such as LED lights.
Photo by Birdies100
Christmas Tree Safety Tips