What does Renters Insurance cover?

Did you know?  MAX has a renters insurance product.

A landlord’s policy covers only the physical structure of the rental property and not your belongings.  Whether you are living in an apartment or renting a house, renters insurance is designed to cover damage to your personal property while living in a rental property.  If there is a fire, a water leak, or a theft, renters insurance may help cover your belongings, such as electronics.  Renters insurance will also provide reimbursement for additional living expenses if it becomes necessary for you to live elsewhere after your apartment or rental home is damaged by a covered peril.  Lastly, renters insurance provides liability protection.

Would you like to learn more about renters insurance?

Contact a MAX Agent today or complete our Get Started form and a member of our team will be in touch.

College Grads moving out? Need Renter’s Insurance?

This time of year is full of graduations. For all of you college grads out there, are you moving out of your parents’ homes this summer? You have landed your first “real” job and with that comes a new place to call home. If you are renting an apartment this summer, you should definitely cross one item off your list now and that is renter’s insurance. Renters insurance is important. Why? Well, you want to have your personal items covered in a loss. Your electronics, clothing, household goods and other personal items are important to you. Why not get the coverage you deserve for these items to ensure they can be fully replaced should a loss occur? Contact a MAX agent to learn more about renters insurance.

Photo by Alan Light

Students Heading Off to College

August is that one month out of the year with three famous words – Back to School.  In this post we are going to focus on children who are heading off to College this fall.  Aside from coming to terms with the fact that our little ones aren’t so little anymore and that they are more than ready to move out of the nest, parents should also think about their insurance needs for their college bound children.  You should check with your MAX agent to see if your homeowners policy covers the personal items your children take with them to college of if renter’s insurance is needed.

Here are some other helpful tips:

  • A personal renter’s policy is a convenient way to help protect your valuable personal property while renting or away at school. Your personal belongings are not covered by most dormitories or under a landlord’s policy.
  • Take an inventory of all personal belongings to help determine the amount of renter’s insurance needed and for future reference in case of a loss.
  • Several optional coverages can be purchased at an additional cost and should be considered when purchasing renter’s insurance.  Computer coverage, Identity Theft, and Replacement Cost coverage are just a few.

We hope you have the best coverage possible for you and your college student this fall.  Don’t hesitate to contact your MAX agent for any assistance in making the right choices for your family.

Photo by Sean MacEntee