MutualAid eXchange (“MAX”) is here to help you restore wholeness after a loss, whether your loss is small or large. Our team is here to assist you in your time of need.
There are several ways to notify MAX of a loss:
- Call our toll free number 877-971-6300 to report your claim directly during business hours. Your call will be answered by a member of our team to gather the information.
- If you need assistance after hours, we provide 24 hours claims reporting. Simply call the 877-971-6300 number and you will be prompted how to report emergency and non-emergency claims.
- Log into the Member Care Center website at myaccount.maxinsurance.com.
- Contact your MAX agent located on your Declarations Page or find your MAX agent here.
Helpful suggestions after a loss:
- If you or anyone has been injured in an emergency, call 911 for the police, medical assistance or the fire department. Please take care of your family and others before notifying MAX.
- Obtain name and contact information from all parties involved in any accidents.
- If you are a victim of theft, burglary or vandalism, notify the police department and file a report. Please obtain the case number as this will assist with the claims process.
- If your property has sustained a covered loss, please safely make any necessary emergency repairs and keep all receipts. Your policy may provide reimbursement for expenses related to the temporary repairs to protect your covered property from further damage. Examples of reasonable repairs are listed below. If you are unable to make these repairs safely, you should contact a professional to make the temporary repairs until an adjuster can inspect.
- Tarping a roof after a storm to prevent further water damage.
- Removing a tree from a roof.
- Boarding up broken window and doors to secure premise.
- Take pictures of the damage before starting any repairs or discarding any property, including personal property. Documenting the damage will expedite the claims process.
- If your property has sustained a water loss, your damages can be reduced by the following steps:
- Shut off the water source/contact a plumber.
- Place furniture on risers.
- Remove undamaged items.
- Contact MAX or your agent immediately to file a claim.