MAX Earns B Corporation Certification!
Consumers who prefer doing business with conscientious, socially responsible companies, now have a nationally recognized company for their auto, home, business, farm and other property/casualty insurance needs.
Overland Park-based MutualAid eXchange was recently named a Certified B Corporation because of its commitment to fair, faithful and socially responsible business practices.
Who Is MAX?
MAX is a member-owned full-service insurance enterprise that provides competitively priced auto, homeowners, farm, business, life and related forms of insurance in most U.S. states. MAX follows fair, faithful and socially responsible values that direct it to be:
- Spiritual and seeking guidance in all it does,
- Stewards of the earth and its resources,
- Servants in our communities, and
- Compassionate to our members, their families and communities.
MAX practices its beliefs in two primary ways.
- It contributes a portion of all its revenues, plus outside gifts, to Mutual Aid Ministries, a program it operates which gives emergency financial help to people facing desperate circumstances beyond what insurance can provide.
- It is a cooperative that reports to its policy-holding members, not Wall Street.
“We believe that business can be profitable and still help others,” said David Wine, MAX President and CEO. “We are committed to providing fair, faithful and socially responsible insurance products and to helping our fellow man at the same time. Every year, we help hundreds of individuals and families as they deal with difficult emergencies. We call that caring beyond the contract.”
What is a B-Corporation?
B Corp certification is to sustainable business what LEED certification is to green buildings or Fair Trade certification is to coffee. B Corps are certified by the nonprofit B Lab (www.bcorporation.net) to meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.
Today, there is a growing community of more than 1,200 Certified B Corps from 38 countries and 120 industries working together toward one unifying goal: to redefine success in business.